Application Deadline: 17 March, 2018 (24:00 Japan Standard Time)
In order to secure the voices of young researchers in this global event, the Forum organizers are putting together a WSSF Scholarship (travel grants) Fund for early career social scientists from low- or lower-middle income countries.
Selection & Requirements
The WSSF Scientific Program Committee will competitively select grantees. Candidates eligible to apply for support from the Fund are early career social scientists from a low- or lower-middle income country with a presentation accepted in the 2018 WSSF program. The grant is conditional to the acceptance of the presentation by the Scientific Program Committee, Candidates should
- preferably be under 40 years of age;
- preferably be post-doc level (or equivalent experience) and
- live and work on research in a low- or lower-middle income countries (according to the World Bank Data).
The WSSF2018 Scholarship for Early Career Social Scientists will cover
- economy return flight (to be booked by the WSSF Secretariat);
- visa application expenses( if necessary);
- 5 nights’ accommodation (:@JPY10,300 /night);
- daily allowance for meals etc. for 5 days(:@JPY2,200/day) and
- early registration fee.
- Download the application form and submit via the online Call for Papers.
- In case you have already been accepted as a speaker through the Call for Sessions, please email us at the address: [email protected] with your application document attached.
- You will also be asked to provide a short CV (2 pages maximum) and proof of employment for a research institution. You are required to set all the documents into one PDF file.
- Application deadline: 17 March, 2018 (24:00 Japan Standard Time)
- Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than 30 May, 2018.
World Social Science Forum Scholarship (travel grants) Fund 2018 for Early Career Social Scientists from Low-Income Countries (Funded to Japan), is Scholarships for least developed countries Which was originally appeared on Scholarship-position