The African Union Commission is offering a Call for Scholarship Applications (For Female Applicants Only) for Masters and PhD Programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to Study in reputable African Universities with a Binding Agreement that will be beneficial for any African country for at least the same period of scholarship period after graduation.
The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high caliber African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-Africa mobility of students.
- Application deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters and PhD programs.  Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship award covers the following:
Tuition Fees: According to
Stipend: 500 US $ monthly, support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation and medicine.
Book Allowance: An allowance of
Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary's home country and the study destination of host institution.
Travel Allowance: One-off payment of 250 US $ to US $ to US $ to assist with shipping and other costs;
Computer Allowance: [1 945 9 006] One-off payment of 1,000 US $ for the purchase of laptop computer and accessories.
- Number of Scholarships: Not
- Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible countries: Female citizens of an African Union Member State are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must:
Be a Female Citizen of an African Union Member State
Be under the age of thirty-five (35) years for Masters Programs and under 40 (40) Years for PhD Programs.
Be a Holder of a Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honors for a masters' program; and a Holder of Masters Degree in the relevant field for a PhD Program. The degree must be a reputable University
Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
Have proof of admission to a full-time masters or PhD program in a recognized university of An African Union Member State.
Be ready to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must scan and produce electronic copies of all above documents (converted to PDF format) and send via email.
The applicants should submit their formal application which should include the following:
- Completed application form
- recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified copies of Passport or National Identity Card indicating citizenship
- Copy of admission letter from a reputable African University
- Two (2)
- An essay of not more than 500 words that explains why the candidate has studied his field and Africa's development to its significance
How to apply:
Applicants must scan and produce electronic copies of all above documents (converted to PDF format) and send via email.
STEM Scholarships for Female Students in Africa, 2018 is Scholarships for women over 40 Which was originally appeared on Scholarship Positions Website