African Leadership University (ALU) is delighted to offer Mandela Centennial Scholarship Programme to study in Rwanda. The Mandela Centennial Scholarship selection process strives to understand candidates as individuals and to assess them within their own academic, professional and cultural contexts.
The Scholarship Program is a joint partnership between the Graca Machel Trust, the Mandela Institute for Development Studies, and African Leadership University.
ALU is pioneering a fresh approach to higher education in the 21st century; offering accredited undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programmes in a unique and imaginative way. By integrating students’ learning with the real world, empowering students to take ownership of their own learning, equipping each student to think entrepreneurially, and employing the most engaging and inspiring teaching methods, ALU is pioneering a new take on higher education and leadership development.
- Application Deadline: May 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for any degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the of courses offered the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers full tuition, travel, housing, and a stipend to cover food and other living expenses. For Rwandans living in Kigali, it will only cover tuition fees.
- Nationality: African students
- Number of Scholarships: The objective of the Mandela Centennial Scholars Programme is to honor President Mandela’s legacy and carry forward the important work he began in education by identifying 100 outstanding young Africans from disadvantaged backgrounds to attend ALU.
- Scholarship can be taken in Rwanda
Who is Eligible? for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates should have the approval to study at ALU in Rwanda for any degree programme and should be an African national.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Once admitted, eligible candidates can access and submit their application for the Mandela Centennial Scholarship on the ALU Admitted Student Portal. Candidates for the scholarship will be required to take Artificial Intelligence admissions simulation called Knack, and submit a 500-1000 word essay for review by the scholarship committee.
Mandela Centennial Fully Funded Scholarships at African Leadership University in Rwanda, 2018, is Scholarships for least developed countries Which was originally appeared on Scholarship Positions Contact info