Applications are invited for AfOx Visiting Fellows Program for African students to study in the UK. Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
The AfOx Visiting Fellows Program is designed to enhance academic mobility and network building.
Formed after extensive consultations among Oxford academics and African colleagues, the Africa Oxford Initiative fosters the establishment of equitable and sustainable collaborations between African Academics and the University of Oxford.
- Application Deadline: March 11, 2018
- Course Level: This is a visiting fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: The program supports African scholars and researchers working in any discipline to spend periods of flexible time in Oxford, for example as sabbatical leave for utilizing library or other university facilities or undertaking or planning collaborative research with Oxford-based colleagues.
- Scholarship Award: The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College. A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency. The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
- Nationality: African students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Who is Eligible? for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants are expected to hold a Ph.D. or research equivalent.
- Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
- With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
AfOx Visiting Fellows Program for African Students in UK, 2018, is Scholarships for least developed countries Which was originally appeared on Scholarship Positions Contact info