The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS NEI) is now accepting applications for new Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science (WiCCS).
The program was made possible by a grant from the International Development Research Center, Ottawa, Canada, and financial support from the Government of Canada, provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The WiCCS Fellowship Program seeks to increase participation by women in the search for science-based solutions to climate change.
African Institute for Mathematical Sciences is the mission to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science seeks to increase female participation in and contribute to a more sustainable social response to climate change.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship is worth up to USD 35,000. The exact amount of the fellowship will be specified at the time of the award. This amount will be paid to the Fellow in three instalments in accordance with a schedule. Fellows must submit accurate form of banking details (using the form provided below) to avoid undue delays in their fellowship payments.
Number of Scholarships: Up to four fellowships are available every year.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must be:
- In possession before the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, theoretical biology, and engineering
- Currently employed, on either a permanent or a temporary basis, in a non-profit work environment, including government
- Actively engaged in research, policy, and / or practice relevant to climate change, mitigation, adaptation, and / or resilience
- The lead and / or senior author of at least one refereed publication on a topic related to climate change modeling, Mitigation, adaptation, and / or resilience.
Nationality: Fellowship is awarded to female scientists based anywhere in the world.
How to Apply: To apply, email to ms4cr-fellows-at-nexteinstein.org (using as subject "MS4CR fellowship application – first and last name of applicant") the following documents on or before 11:59 pm CAT on 27 October 2017:
- Application form, including budget template
- Project proposal form, including budget template
- A curriculum vitae
- An electronic copy of a representative publication in climate change modelling, mitigation, adaptation and / or resilience on which the applicant is the lead and / or senior author
- Three confidential letters of support which are to be emailed directly by the applicant's referees to ms4cr-fellows-at-nexteinstein.org (using as subject "MS4CR fellowship application support letter – first and last name of applicant") by the application deadline It is the responsibility of the applicants to request these letters from the referees. Two of these letters should come from the applicant's immediate supervisor at his home institution and the named collaborator at his proposal host institution. At least one letter should come from a referee who is qualified to assess the applicant's experience in climate change research, practice, and / or policy.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 27, 2017.
2018 AIMS NEI Research Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science, Africa is Scholarships for women over 40 Which was originally appeared on Scholarship Positions Website