DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is able to offer scholarships for postgraduate studies to the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. The scholarships AIMS Senegal is available in the field of Mathematics.
The programme is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and aims at university staff development in the first line, without neglecting other public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
AIMS, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, as a self-governing nonprofit trust, which is supported by several universities, offers a postgraduate Programme to talented students from the African continent.
- Application Deadline: May 18, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarships AIMS Senegal is available in the following field: Mathematics.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers:
Tuition and registration fees PhD per year
Study and research allowance in EUR per year
Final allowance in EUR (once-only at the end)
- Number of Scholarships: It has been agreed upon that DAAD co-operates with AIMS Senegal by offering up to 2 Scholarships for a PhD Programme in Mathematics.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Who is Eligible? for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: African students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants
Have successfully completed generally at least a two-year Master degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (second class upper division)
Clearly, show motivation and the strong commitment
Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
Must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country
Should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- 2 recommendation letters by university lecturers
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport or national identity card.
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timetable (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of the proposal)
How to Apply:
Applicants are asked to register themselves online via the DAADPortal.
Scholarship for PhD at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AI…, is Africa scholarships Which was originally appeared on Scholarship Positions Contact info