Application Deadline: 23.59 (BST) on 21 May 2018
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are for mid-career medical staff from low and middle income countries, to enhance their clinical skills.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Medical Fellowships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. These fellowships are offered under the second of the CSC’s six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Who is Eligible?
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
Eligible Commonwealth countries
Papua New Guinea
Each fellowship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
- Research support grant, payable to your host university hospital
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,627 per month, or £2,019 per month for those at university hospitals in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2017-2018 levels)
- Reimbursement of the fee for a single English language test and the fee for General Medical Council (GMC) registration
- Warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grant towards the costs of approved travel within the UK
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £457 per month for the first child, and £112 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK
How to apply
You must apply to one of the following nominating body in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these fellowships:
All applications must be made through a nominating body in your home country. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, and for their own closing date for applications.
You must make your application using the CSC’s application system. Your application must be submitted to and endorsed by one of the eligible nominating bodies listed above. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the CSC’s application system to a nominating body in your home country.
All applications must be submitted by 23.59 (BST) on 21 May 2018 at the latest.
You must provide the following supporting documentation, which must be received by the CSC by 23.59 (BST) on 28 May 2018 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Academic references from at least two individuals
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships 2018 for Mid-Career Medical Professio…, is scholarships for Africa Which was originally appeared on Scholarship-position