Application Deadline: February 22, 2018 – 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
CIFAR invites exceptional early career researchers to join CIFAR’s global network of 370 researchers from 18 countries who together are pursuing answers to some of the most complex challenges facing the world today. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding, skills training, mentorship, and opportunities to collaborate with outstanding colleagues from diverse disciplines to position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
• $100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support
• A two-year membership to a CIFAR research program, with outstanding research leaders from across disciplines.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment.
- Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to the program. Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
In 2018, the eligible programs are:
- Engage in research that complements and contributes to the themes and goals of one of the eligible CIFAR research programs
• Demonstrate an outstanding level of research achievement and promise of future impact in their field, as evidenced by quality of publications, awards received, and statements by referees.
• Be interested in engaging across disciplines, as well as sectors beyond academia, to enrich and extend the impact of their research.
• Have a valid passport, and if required be able to obtain travel visas, to attend CIFAR meetings in Canada and other countries around the world (2-4 times per year).
• Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on June 27-28, 2018 in Toronto, Canada.
Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR
- Scholars receive $100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support.
- The funds are administered through the scholar’s home institution and are intended to support his or her capacity to conduct research. Possible uses include, but are not limited to: teaching release, student support, summer salary (where applicable), and research assistant salaries.
- CIFAR covers the cost of attendance at meetings of a CIFAR research program and the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars annual meeting.
During the two-year term, scholars are expected to:
• Attend CIFAR research program meetings (usually 2-3 per year, depending on the program) in Canada and various locations around the world. While at meetings and where appropriate, we encourage scholars to interact and collaborate with fellow program members on research areas of common interest to the program.
• Attend annual CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar meetings (usually held in early May).
• Report on research achievements and related activities annually.
• Acknowledge CIFAR as part of their title and affiliation (e.g. ‘CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar’ in professional signature, presentations, website, publications) and as a funder in research publications and presentations supported by this funding.
How to Apply:
All applications are submitted online and must include letters of reference. See detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program.
The deadline for applications is February 22, 2018.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program 2018 for Early Career Researchers (Funded to Toronto, Canada & CDN $100,000 in Funding), is scholarships for Africans Which was originally appeared on Scholarship-position